Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My first post!

Ah....hello everyone!  (Or maybe I'm just talking to myself.  Either way, I'm okay with it.)  I finally jumped on the blog bandwagon and decided to create a blog about my family.  I LOVE my family.  I am so lucky to have a husband who gets better looking every day and gives me such love and incredible devotion.  I am also blessed to stay home with my three babies who keep me laughing (you know, when I'm not screaming and pulling out my hair).

Hunter, our big-boy-4-year-old, is such a spunky kid and is constantly coming up with the funniest sayings.  Tonight he told me that he couldn't brush his teeth because his brain was in his foot....um, what?  He is in preschool through Early Childhood Special Education because of issues with language comprehension and there are new things that he's learning each day.  It's crazy to have a child who I still think of as a baby, but is now so grown up and self sufficient.

Avalon, our 3 year old diva, is a super-star.  She has a twinkle in her eyes and a sparkle in her smile that I hope never fades.  She sings to us, recites lines from movies and tv shows to herself and others, and has an incredible imagination.  Today she told me that I had to be quiet because her bear was sleeping and "is really sad because his daddy had to go to the hospital".  She was so serious about the whole thing- oh, the emotion in that girl's voice about her poor bear's daddy!  Sometimes the drama drives me nuts, but usually it's hard not to laugh out loud.

Wilder isn't a baby anymore!  He is 1 year old, going on 4.  He totally thinks he is a big kid and tries to do everything his siblings are doing.  Many times a day he is in tears because of getting knocked to the ground while chasing Hunter and Avalon.  They treat him like a baby and it makes him really mad.  I can't wait to hear him use more words and less "ah-ah-ah" noises.  His current words (that I can think of while I type) are: "clap-clap", "Bear", "Daddy", "Poppy" (my dad), "hi", "bye", "all done", "yeah", "no", "baby", "here", "there he is", "what's that?", and "that".  But you know what that little stubborn twit WON'T say?  Yeah, I'm sure you've guessed it: "Momma".  UGH.  He even thinks it's funny when I try and get him to say it!  And, you know he can say it- he just won't say it.  Oh, well.  When he finally does, it will be like a symphony playing in my head.

Well, I feel like I just wrote a Christmas letter and not so much a blog post, but I'm sure I'll get better at this whole thing as time goes on.  I love to talk about my kids and I enjoy typing, so I think I'm going to like this hobby.  Hopefully, some people will love to hear about my kids and enjoy reading what I type!
Signing off for tonight~
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! You are now linked to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete